WELCOME NEW CUSTOMERS!
The Department of Defense has extended Commissary, Exchange and select Morale, Welfare & Recreation program eligibility to the following patrons:
- Purple Heart recipients
- Former prisoners of war
- All veterans with service-connected disabilities
- Individuals approved and designated as the primary caregivers of eligible veterans enrolled under the Department of Veterans Affairs Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers.
MWR Category A activities, including Fitness Centers, Sports Fields, Intramural Sports, Liberty, Libraries and Child & Youth Programs, are NOT included in the eligibility.
A Veterans Health Identification Card [VHIC] provided by the Veterans Affairs [VA] will be required in order to be enrolled in the Defense Biometric Identification System [DBIDS] at the NAS Key West Visitor Control Center [VCC].
Veterans Affairs Office
- 1200 Truman Avenue, Suite 204, Key West, FL 33040
- Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM
Visitor Control Center
- Located at the front gate of Boca Chica Field, MM 8
- Monday - Friday: 7 AM - 3:30 PM
As of January 1, 2020, Purple Heart recipients, former Prisoners of War, all veterans with service-connected disabilities, and their approved/designated primary caregivers are eligible for extended patronage at Commissary, Exchange, and select Morale, Welfare, & Recreation facilities. Veterans eligible for this extended patronage must first register with NAS Key West Security for access to the above facilities. This registration lasts for one year and must be renewed annually.
This registration must be completed at the Naval Air Station Key West Visitor Control Center on Boca Chica Key [US-1 Mile Marker 8] prior to accessing the installation.
The process is as follows:
Report to the Visitor Control Center located at Saratoga Ave, Bldg. A641, Boca Chica Field Pass and ID, NASKW Main Gate, Key West FL 33040 between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday – Friday, except Federal Holidays.
Bring your Veterans Health Identification Card [VHIC]. This must be the new style veteran ID with a long barcode across the bottom of the card. If you need a new or updated VHIC, please contact your local VA Hospital or Clinic prior to attempting access.
Along with your VHIC, please bring one of the following forms of ID with you. All documents must be original, current, and unexpired. If you have questions about what is an acceptable form of identification, please contact the Visitor Control Center.
- Driver’s License issued by state, territory or District of Columbia
- U.S. Passport or passport card
- Federal Personal Identity Verification [PIV] card
- Transportation Worker Identification Card [TWIC]
- At the Visitor Control Center, you will be required to fill out a SECNAV 5512/1 Background Check Request Form
- If any of your documents or Veterans Health ID card expire within one year, your access pass will be issued only until the document’s expiration date
- Veterans may register up to six guests to accompany them onto the installation
- They must have one of the above IDs and pass the required background check
- They must remain with the veteran at all times while onboard NAS Key West
- If your guest is not a U.S. citizen, access must be requested at least three business days prior to access
- If your guest is a naturalized U.S. citizen, the guest must provide proof of U.S. citizenship on their first visit
- These procedures do not apply for personnel with a valid DoD ID card such as a CAC or USID [retired, reservist, dependent, 100% Disabled American Veteran, etc.].
We appreciate your help in ensuring compliance with Naval security requirements while ensuring that you continue to enjoy your expanded patronage privileges. For any other questions about base entrance requirements, please call the Visitor Control Center at 305-293-2806.