Custodial Worker / Housekeeper (Vacation Rentals) - Flexible: NA-3566-02
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- 12.92 - 12.92 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR 5 VACANT POSITIONS AND WILL BE OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
This position is assigned to the Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Recreational Lodging operation; Fleet Readiness (N92); Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC); Naval Air Station Key West. MWR Recreational Lodging offers accommodations to include Recreational Vehicle (RV) Parks, Vacation Rentals (Cottages, cabins, singles houses, townhomes, duplexes, mobile homes, hotels, apartments, and yurts) and Campgrounds. The purpose of this position is to provide quality and efficient housekeeping services to guests or guest areas while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
II. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs varying degrees of complexity in cleaning processes for facility to include but not limited to lodging units, common areas, office, bathhouse, laundry facility, etc. Demonstrates proficiency related to daily service, checkout, deep cleaning, and special project cleaning assignments based on program cleaning standards.
- Vacuums, sweeps, and mops floors; dusts, polishes, cleans, and moves furniture.
- Cleans walls, doors, ceilings, stand-up/ceiling fans, light fixtures, exterior of air vents, windows, sills, tracks, blinds and curtains.
- Removes trash, places in dumpsters, and replaces liners.
- Cleans washers and dryers and ensures machines are operational.
- Cleans common area spaces to include bathhouses, vending rooms and ice machines, laundry rooms, elevators, break rooms, walkways, corridors, stairwells, office spaces, lounges, storerooms and storage spaces.
- Places proper number of amenities in room to include consumables/non-consumables, linen, kitchen, and bathroom.
- Removes and replaces bed linen, inspects mattresses and pull-out sofas, and moves/re-positions beds upon guest checkout, weekly, or at a guest’s request.
- Cleans coffee makers, ice buckets, beverage kits, refrigerators, stove tops, cookware, utensils, cutlery, cups/glasses, plates, sinks, counters, ovens, ranges, cupboards, drawers, and microwaves to include proper programming of its respective clock/time.
- Ensures dishwashers are clean and in working condition.
- Cleans vanities, mirrors, hardware, cabinets/shelving, toilets, bath tubs/shower stalls, tile, and bathroom exhaust fans. Replaces bathroom terry and linens to include shower curtains.
- Cleans irons, removes excess water and replaces as necessary, cleans ironing boards and replaces covers as necessary, cleans and ensures proper functionality of luggage racks and ensures proper numbers of clean male/female hangers are available in closets.
- Ensures in-room guest directories are clean and organized; TVs are clean and programmed to proper channel and volume; alarm clocks are properly programmed with back-up battery and in-room phones are clean, properly programmed, and in working condition.
- Performs deep cleaning as required by program standards (e.g., on a scheduled basis and upon check-out of guests in “pet friendly” rooms and in rooms that had an ADA service animal), which includes, but is not limited to: defrosting the refrigerator, cleaning windows (inside and out), replacing and/or cleaning drapes, moving furniture and cleaning normally hidden areas, carpet cleaning (shampoo and/or spot treatment), cleaning walls/woodwork, and other such tasks.
- Knowledge of Recreational Lodging program standards.
- Ability to operate all in-room appliances (e.g., coffee maker, television, clock radio, telephone, etc.).
- Ability to utilize Property Management System (PMS) and/or Point of Sale (POS) system software to update room status using the in-room telephone system.
- Ability to accurately complete daily room status reports and housekeeping assignment sheets. Ability to interpret, execute, and document cleaning actions in accordance with Recreational Lodging Housekeeping Manual and program policy guidance.
- Ability to apply knowledge of general cleaning procedures to complete housekeeping tasks.
- Ability to safely and properly use common hand and power tools.
- Ability to apply sound judgment to schedule and prioritize work assignments in order to honor requests for No Service/Do-Not-Disturb while adhering to program standards for in person service follow-up and cleaning frequencies.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing with management, staff and guests.
HOW TO APPLY
All application forms and current vacancy announcements can be found on-line at: www.navymwrkeywest.com/jobs. To contact the Human Resources Office directly please call 305-293-2518.
- DECLARATION FOR FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT (OF 306)
- NAF APPLICATION
- CURRENT RESUME
PLEASE NOTE: When completing the NAF Employment Application form, applicants are required to fill in the 'Position Applying For' field and the 'Announcement No.' field.
You may attach any other information that you wish to be considered (training, certifications, etc.). Completed applications and information may be submitted via any option listed below:
SUBMIT IN PERSON (w/ base access):
MWR Personnel Office
NAS KEY WEST, FL 33040
SUBMIT IN PERSON VIA DROP-BOX (w/o base access:)
Drop Box is located inside the Pass & ID Office outside the main gate at Boca Chica.
SUBMIT VIA U.S. MAIL:
MWR Personnel Office
P.O. BOX 9027
NAS Key West, FL 33040
SUBMIT VIA FAX:
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States for a minimum of 3 years prior to application and must successfully pass a suitability check be considered. As a condition of employment, selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer with the first 30 days of employment. Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may not be interviewed and due to the volume of applications received, may not be notified.
Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Navy Region Southeast is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce.
Guidelines for Claiming Employment Preference:
Reemployment Priority List (RPL): Qualifying separated employees shall have a priority placement in the NAF activity from which they were separated as a result of a Business Based Action (BBA), when the position has substantially the same duties as the position from which they were separated and it is not a higher grade or employment category, provided the position is not being filled by an internal candidate.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit a copy of your BBA Separation
- Notification indicating eligibility for RPL
Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Qualifying spouses eligible for MSP are spouses of an active duty military member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The Marriage must have occurred before the military member received official permanent change of station (PCS) orders to the installation listed above. MSP is applicable only when applying for NAF positions at the NF-03 and below and equivalent craft and trade (CT) positions.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit a sponsor’s PCS orders to installation you are applying for; AND
- If you are not indicated as a spouse on the PCS orders, you MUST submit proof of marriage prior to PCS
Veteran’s Preference/Gold Star Veteran’s Preference: Qualifying military veterans and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified. Preference applicable for positions open to external candidates.
To claim Veteran’s preference, you must:
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 copy): AND
- Submit Completed SF15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc.)
To claim Gold Star Veteran’s preference, you MUST:
- Submit completed SF-15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
- Submit a legible copy of DD-1300; AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.)