Plogging: 5K & Clean Up Event
What is better than getting a great workout AND cleaning up the environment?
Come celebrate International Coastal Clean Up Day, get some exercise, and have a bit of fun helping the environment. MWR's Plogging event is just that - a 3 mile jog (or walk/run) while picking up trash on Sigsbee Park.
- September 26 from 7 - 11 AM, starting at the Sigsbee Community Center
- REGISTER by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patrons are encouraged to walk or run a minimum of 3 miles -- Track your walk/jog/run on your favorite app!
- The route starts at Sigsbee Community Center where participants will receive gloves, grabbers, & trash bags on their Plog
- The participants are allowed to go anywhere on base and there will be 3 designated DROP OFF locations for full trash bags
- What to Bring: Water, Sunscreen, equipment to help, running shoes
Start at the Sigsbee Community Center, around the back Campground area (with a focus on the coastline), then on to the Sigsbee Marina (DROP OFF #1) & back behind the Sunset Lounge Bar & Grill, out & around the Youth Center & Softball Field to the gravel road behind the townhouses, then down to the guard shack (focus on the mangrove/coastline) then back to the Gilmore neighborhood (focus on the bridge and water areas crossing into Gilmore entrance & DROP OFF #2), then back to the Sigsbee Community Center (DROP OFF #3).
- Most Trash Collected (Full Bags)
- Strangest Piece of Trash Discovered
- Random winner selected from those who complete the 3 miles
#Sponsored by Chief Petty Officers Association, Fury Water Adventures, Keys Federal Credit Union, Keys Medical Group, Military Affairs Committee, Navy League Key West Council, and VFW Post 3911. No Navy endorsement implied.
Open to all authorized patrons with military issued ID cards. For additional information call 305-293-2480 or email email@example.com.