Patron Expansion - Starting January 2020
WELCOME NEW CUSTOMERS!
The Department of Defense has extended Commissary, Exchange and select Morale, Welfare & Recreation program eligibility to the following patrons:
- Purple Heart recipients
- Former prisoners of war
- All veterans with service-connected disabilities
- Individuals approved and designated as the primary caregivers of eligible veterans enrolled under the Department of Veterans Affairs Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers.
MWR Category A activities, including Fitness Centers, Sports Fields, Intramural Sports, Liberty, Libraries and Child & Youth Programs, are NOT included in the eligibility.
A Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC) provided by the Veterans Affairs (VA) will be required in order to acquire a Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) card from the local NAS Key West Visitor Control Center (VCC), which is mandatory for installation access.
Veterans Affairs Office
- 1200 Truman Avenue, Suite 204, Key West, FL 33040
- Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM
Visitor Control Center
- Located at the front gate of Boca Chica Field, MM 8
- Monday - Friday: 7 AM - 3:30 PM
Additional information can be found at https://www.monroecounty-fl.gov/123/Veterans-Affairs