- Provides customer service to patrons using the facility, to include: greeting customers; checking identification cards to ensure only authorized users are entering facility; issuing and receiving gear/equipment; and registering patrons for facility use, events, and/or classes.
- Answers telephone, providing information in regards to facility hours of operation, upcoming special events and programs, etc.
- Completes the Daily Activity Reports, handling cash where fees apply, verifying the amount of money collected and dropping the cashier bag in the drop safe.
- Assists in planning, scheduling, and publicizing various activities and maintaining related supplies in order to attract and motivate participants.
- Oversees the sale of retail items associated with activities.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of ongoing Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) fitness activities from the standpoint of participants' responses, resources, and program objectives.
- Monitors patrons, volunteers and contractors at the assigned program/event and reports any issues to management.
- Assists in the selection of fitness, sports, and aquatics activities to be offered, both within the required basic program categories and additional ones possible through available resources and desirable in terms of participant's interests and needs.
- Monitors assigned participants in indoor and outdoor activities to include intramural sporting events.
- Conducts instructional classes in the assigned recreational area.
- Performs basic fitness orientation; identifies and corrects unsafe fitness techniques.
- Demonstrates procedures common to the activities and instructs in the use of related equipment.
- Establishes/reviews the schedule of events, conducts tours, sets-up/prepares gymnasiums/facilities/playing fields prior to scheduled start time for events (e.g., lap swim, lifeguard training, exercise programs, races, pool parties, sporting events, etc.).
- Ensures adherence to regulations and safety procedures.
- Ensures facility and sporting fields are open and/or closed at the posted time.
- Monitors and checks the security of premises.
- Monitors activity within the facility, circulating among the patrons to assist with basic use of equipment/gear and to maintain good order and discipline.
- Ensures athletic playing surfaces are properly maintained, safe, and ready for play.
- Assists in properly cleaning and maintaining equipment/facilities, maintains inventory, performs general janitorial services to ensure interior spaces are in a clean, neat, and orderly state at all times (e.g., sweeping and mopping floors; dusting and cleaning workout areas, mirrors, bathrooms, and locker areas; straightening equipment and accessories, etc.).
- Makes minor repairs to facilities and equipment when appropriate and assists with outdoor maintenance.
- Reports maintenance problems, material deficiencies, and unsafe conditions or discrepancies that cannot be repaired in-house to the supervisor.
- Knowledge of MWR policies, rules, and regulations involving the work area.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic to compute charges, disperse change accurately, and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures.
- Knowledge of basic fitness, aquatics and sports principles.
- Knowledge of safe use and operation of fitness equipment, facility operations, and basic fitness equipment maintenance/repair.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office Programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and others as they relate to fitness, sports and aquatics programming.
- Skill and ability to provide fitness, aquatics and sports training or orientation.
- Ability to competently and independently carry out day to day recreation operations.
- Ability to develop and effectively deliver presentations and/or training.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid Certification
- Automated External Defibrillator Certification
- Blood-borne Pathogen Certification
- Navy Basic Fitness Certification
HOW TO APPLY
All application forms and current vacancy announcements can be found on-line at: www.navymwrkeywest.com/jobs. To contact the Human Resources Office directly please call 305-293-2518.
- DECLARATION FOR FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT (OF 306)
- NAF APPLICATION
- CURRENT RESUME
PLEASE NOTE: When completing the NAF Employment Application form, applicants are required to fill in the 'Position Applying For' field and the 'Announcement No.' field.
You may attach any other information that you wish to be considered (training, certifications, etc.). Completed applications and information may be submitted via any option listed below:
SUBMIT IN PERSON (w/ base access):
MWR Personnel Office
NAS KEY WEST, FL 33040
SUBMIT IN PERSON VIA DROP-BOX (w/o base access:)
Drop Box is located inside the Pass & ID Office outside the main gate at Boca Chica.
SUBMIT VIA U.S. MAIL:
MWR Personnel Office
P.O. BOX 9027
NAS Key West, FL 33040
SUBMIT VIA FAX:
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States for a minimum of 3 years prior to application and must successfully pass a suitability check be considered. As a condition of employment, selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer with the first 30 days of employment. Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may not be interviewed and due to the volume of applications received, may not be notified.
Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Navy Region Southeast is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce.
Guidelines for Claiming Employment Preference:
Reemployment Priority List (RPL): Qualifying separated employees shall have a priority placement in the NAF activity from which they were separated as a result of a Business Based Action (BBA), when the position has substantially the same duties as the position from which they were separated and it is not a higher grade or employment category, provided the position is not being filled by an internal candidate.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit a copy of your BBA Separation
- Notification indicating eligibility for RPL
Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Qualifying spouses eligible for MSP are spouses of an active duty military member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The Marriage must have occurred before the military member received official permanent change of station (PCS) orders to the installation listed above. MSP is applicable only when applying for NAF positions at the NF-03 and below and equivalent craft and trade (CT) positions.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit a sponsor’s PCS orders to installation you are applying for; AND
- If you are not indicated as a spouse on the PCS orders, you MUST submit proof of marriage prior to PCS
Veteran’s Preference/Gold Star Veteran’s Preference: Qualifying military veterans and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified. Preference applicable for positions open to external candidates.
To claim Veteran’s preference, you must:
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 copy): AND
- Submit Completed SF15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc.)
To claim Gold Star Veteran’s preference, you MUST:
- Submit completed SF-15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
- Submit a legible copy of DD-1300; AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.)